The WASP-VW is a variant of the WASP mA datalogger. It is compact, low power & easy to deploy. It reads vibrating wire (VW) & temperature sensors & transmits results wirelessly over the Internet to the WASP web portal for storage, processing and display. The same web portal is used to configure the logger.
The WASP-VW comprises digital WASP (WASP-D) and VWstalker. Each VWstalker can read 2 VW and 2 temperature sensors. Each WASP-D can power and control up to 2 VWstalkers. The WASP-D communicates with the VWstalker using the SDI-12 protocol.
Before installation, the VWstalker is programmed and pre-wired to the WASP-D. Once on site, VW sensors are connected to the VWstalker. The user then logs on to the web portal to set up logging and reporting schedule.
The WASP-VW is ideal for new and retro-fit instrumentation projects where unattended collection of readings from VW sensors is required.
- Works with most VW sensors
- Extremely compact and rugged in fully weather-proof enclosures
- Built-in antenna, wireless transceiver and battery as well as a SIM card with active mobile 3G data plan
- Minimum effort for site set up required
- Ideal for long-term, unattended projects that require wireless data acquisition
- Quick and easy to install. Perfect for new and retro-fit instrumentation projects
- Powered by Outpost Central, the WASP is tested and proven with over 5,000 units in use worldwide
- Reads up to 4 x VW sensors with thermistors (2 x sensors per VWstalker)
- Automatic and wireless data upload directly to the dedicated WASP web portal
- Works with dynamic IP address
- Stores 1,000’s of data-points locally, avoids data loss if a break in communication occurs
- Low power consumption, internal battery has a life of up to 3-years
- Multiple permission levels on the web portal allow for easy user management
- Each VW channel configurable to match frequency range of the sensor using a VWstalker Programmer
The RIPPA Wireless Data Network opens up a vast range of pulse and analogue sensors for geotechnical and structural monitoring.
Typical applications include:
- Pore pressure monitoring
- Water level monitoring
- Barometric monitoring
- Tilt monitoring
- Deflection monitoring
- Displacement monitoring
- Load monitoring
- Rainfall monitoring
- Water and air flow monitoring
- Vibration monitoring