itmSoil launches first new product for 2014
The easy to carry and robust unit provides accurate, repeatable and fast interference-free readings and provides optional higher 15V excitation ensures quality readings for sensors with long cables.
According to Michael Ziolek, itmsoil's Sales and Marketing director, "The unit therefore offers fantastic value and is a good option when you don’t require on-board data storage." He also said "“Our customers wanted a product that was easy to use yet could be confidently relied on to provide quality readings. The new unit makes taking accurate, repeatable and interference-free readings simple, fast and error free. VWread offers fantastic value and is a good option when you don’t require on-boaerd data storage.”
Other key features of the new product include:
- Compatible with nearly all VW sensors
- Realtime display of VW sensor readings in Hz, Hz2/1000 and period
- FFT-based data reading algorithm
- Reading and displaying parameters can be fully configured
- Long battery life; powered by a NiMH rechargeable battery
VWread is suitable for geotechnical and structural monitoring applications relating to measuring pore pressure, water level, strain, crack, load, pressure cell and displacement.